September marks a busy month for Hygiena who will be in attendance at the IPS...
An extensive laboratory study of commercially available ATP hygiene monitoring systems was conducted by a leading independent laboratory.
The comprehensive study generated over 5,000 results and the investigation determined linearity, repeatability, and sensitivity of all systems by comparing:
- Five systems from leading suppliers including BioControl, Charm Sciences, Hygiena, Neogen and 3M
- Nine instrument and swab combinations including Snapshot, the universal ATP swab
- Six ATP concentrations from 0.1 to 1000.0 fmols ATP
- Four common foods representing different categories of foodstuffs
- Five microbial species representing Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria, and yeasts
- Ten replicates samples at each test parameter were tested
Statistical analysis was applied to the results which can be summarised as follows:
- All systems were shown to give a good linear response to all contaminants, however there was a difference in the repeatability, accuracy and sensitivity between systems
- The most precise, accurate and repeatable system was the Hygiena SystemSURE Plus with either Ultrasnap or Supersnap swabs
- The universal swab (SnapShot) improved the repeatability and sensitivity of UniLite NG, MVP and Novalum luminometers
For further information contact Hygiena International.
The SystemSURE Plus Handheld ATP luminometer from Hygiena International utilises award-winning technology, has Rapid Review...
Providing the best possible cleaning and maintaining high standards is a difficult task to manage....
Healthcare acquired infections (HCAIs) are still of major concern within healthcare. Huge amounts are spent...